CCNP R&S Interview Question with Answers Vol 1.0
Check Description for all Questions
CCNP R&S Interview Questions
These are 100+ most important CCNP R&S Interview Questions which you must prepare.
Note – You can Purchase Answers of all Below CCNP R&S Interview Questions from Above in Easy to Understand PDF Format
- In the below-given diagram, R1 (spoke) has static default traffic pointing towards R2 (HUB). However, the traffic for the 10.0.0.0/8 network (from R1 to R2) needs to be discarded on R1 itself. What is the simplest way to perform the same?
- 2 Router from a bunch of OSPF enabled neighbors (Connected on same Layer 2 Switch) are showing 2-way but administrators say it is normal behaviour. Kindly elaborate?
- What is one key condition for “ATTEMPT” state to occur during OSPF neighborship building phase?
- In OSPF DR / BDR election, firstly which is elected DR or BDR?
- In the below-given diagram, if we have connected two different networks with different OSPF process id’s configured, will communication happen across them? What needs to be done, to communicate with each other?
- RIP uses which UDP Port for operating?
- What is IP Protocol number of EIGRP & OSPF?
- Which port is used by BGP?
- What are probable causes of OSPF neighbors being stuck in EXTRAT/EXCHANGE state?
- In below configured OSPF setup, which type of Router is the Router C?
- What is Route Poisoning?
- What is Split Horizon?
- RIP sends periodic updates after how many seconds?
- What type of protocol is RIP?
- What is the difference between RIP v1 and v2?
- What are RIP Hold-down and Flush timers?
- What type of protocol is EIGRP?
- On LAN, EIGRP Hellos are sent after how many seconds?
- What is Feasible Distance in EIGRP?
- What is a feasible successor in EIGRP?
- From Router A to Destination Network, which route will become the feasible distance for Router A?
- Which type of EIGRP packets are unicast and which are multicast?
- How many bits do IPv4 and IPv6 Address consists of?
- Which Routing Protocol is used to find network path information within an Autonomous System?
- Which Routing Protocol is used to find network path information between different Autonomous Systems?
- List down some IGP routing protocols?
- List down EGP Routing protocols?
- Administrative Distance Value of OSPF is?
- What is the Administrative Distance Value of -Internal EIGRP, External EIGRP, EIGRP Summary
- Which type of packets make up the EIGRP neighbor table?
- What all information is contained in EIGRP neighbor table?
- From Router A to Destination Network, which route will become the Successor for Router A?
- In terms of EIGRP, how many feasible successors are kept in the routing table?
- What is feasible condition?
- Which EIGRP parameters used to calculate metric? Which parameters are used by default?
- From below diagram, which Router Type is Router G in terms of OSPF?
- OSPF process builds and maintains three separate tables, which are these?
- Which OSPF table is responsible for keeping all possible routes to all known networks?
- What is order of preference for Router ID selection in OSPF?
- By default, Hello packets are sent out OSPF-enabled interfaces after how many seconds for broadcast and point-to-point interfaces?
- What are OSPF Neighbor states?
- What happens in Exstart state?
- What needs to be done to make sure a router does not ever become a DR?
- In OSPF, What is other name of Area 0?
- State the different OSPF router types?
- 2 OSPF neighbor configuration shows “neighbor” keyword being used followed by neighbor IP address. What does this mean in terms of traffic flow?
- What is difference between “default-information originate” and “default-information originate always” in OSPF?
- What is Administrative Distance Value of RIP?
- What is Administrative Distance Value of eBGP?
- Administrative Distance Value of iBGP is?
- What is Multicast Update Address of RIPv2?
- What is the longest prefix length on which PTP Link as can work?
- What is the function of DSCP filed in IPv4 header? What is its size?
- In IPv6, Site local address begins with which value?
- How is Broadcast address depicted in Ipv6?
- What is the function of “permanent” keyword at end of a static route?
- List down BGP Peer Messages?
- List down BGP FSM states?
- What is Route Reflector in BGP?
- List down categories of BGP Attributes?
- Describe BGP Well-known Discretionary Attribute?
- In NSSA, external routes enters as LSA-7. But, if LSA-7 is not required, what is the command to stop LSA-7?
- List the order (upto 6 attributes) for a BGP to determine a route as best path?
- What is Local preference attribute of BGP?
- In terms of BGP, what type of peering would be done between RouterB and RouterD?
- Consider below diagram and configurations. Which Router will be used to reach any destination outside of AS100 to AS900.RouterB(config)# router bgp 100
RouterB(config-router)# bgp default local-preference 200
RouterD(config)# router bgp 100
RouterD(config-router)# bgp default local-preference 300
- What is collision domain?
- What is the use of VLAN?
- On Cisco switches, all interfaces belong to which VLAN by default?
- CDP, STP and VTP traffic is carried out by which VLAN?
- How many VTP modes are there in Cisco Switches? List them.
- For switches running in VTP server or client mode where the list of VLANs is stored?
- For switches running in VTP transparent mode, where are the list of VLANs stored in?
- What is Access Port?
- What is Trunk Port?
- When is a VLAN tagged in each frame?
- What is Native VLAN?
- What is DTP?
- What are the two modes of DTP?
- Trunk ports send out DTP frames after how many seconds to indicate their configured mode?
- What is VTP?
- What is the requirement for Switches when they comes to VTP domain?
- Define VTP Server Mode?
- Define VTP Client mode?
- Define VTP Transparent mode?
- What is Dynamic ARP Inspection?
- What are the three Violation Actions?
- What happens when violation mode is set to Shutdown?
- What happens when violation mode is set to restrict?
- What happens when violation mode is set to protect?
- What is the function of command in OSPF “ip ospf database filter all out”?
- What is Multicast Update Address of EIGRP?
- What is Multicast Update Address of OSPF?
- What is Port Aggregation?
- What are two dynamic EtherChannel protocols?
- How many ports can be bundled in an etherchannel?
- STP switches exchange BPDU to a dedicated MAC multicast address, which is?
- What are STP port states?
- What are STP timers?
- What is Max Age Timer?
- What is difference between PAGP and LACP?
- A Network designer is creating a Campus setup where multiple buildings are being connected in a ring fashion over Fiber and having Layer2 Switches at each building. What key STP consideration the designer should take while creating the Fiber Ring?
- What is PortFast?
- What is difference between PortFast, UplinkFast and BackboneFast?
- What are three RSTP Port states?
- What is difference between Port channel and Trunk?
- Which Switch will become Root Bridge in below topology and why?
- In below diagram, which Port will be blocked and why?
- Considering the etherchannel load-balancing method as src-ip, from which interface will the source IP 10.1.1.3 will traverse out from SwitchA?
- In the below topology, which Hosts will receive the broadcast generated by HostA?
- In the given diagram, Switch 1 has Vlan 10 as native VLAN over trunk while Switch 2 has VLAN 20 as native VLAN over trunk. Can PC1 ping PC2?
- What is non-designated port?
- What is UDLD?
These were the most important and asked CCNP Interview Questions. You can purchase all answers of in easy to understand PDF format with Diagrams (where required) from above.
If you wish to purchase bundles of other Interview Questions, please check our other Interview Guides in Shop Section.
Best of Luck for Your CCNP Interviews & Learning.