Top Tools Every Business Needs
What does a modern business need? Today, simple yet effective tools that can unload employees, boost their effectiveness, automate key processes, and ensure ironclad data protection are in demand. There are lots of different instruments that can cope with the above and bring your enterprise to a new level. And it is up to you what top tools for business to use. Before going for particular solutions, make sure that they are multifunctional, convenient, reliable, and meet your business needs. Here are some of the key business software solutions that will definitely be of great benefit to your business.
#1 – Antivirus Software
The pace of life is constantly growing. And businesses must keep up with the rapid changes around them. It is important to follow trends, track competitors, and generate new ideas. To allocate time for this, you need to reduce the pain of routine tasks, automate business processes, and entrust them to electronic systems. This means that information security is also required. Neither commercial nor personal data should be accessible to attackers. Good business software automates routine tasks, stores data reliably, and works quickly, without any errors or failures.
As the business scales, its client base scales as well. The number of important documents and files increases, and no one wants to lose everything at once due to a computer virus that has penetrated the corporate network. Now, any business and any computer is connected to the global network and is vulnerable to external threats. In addition to standard viruses, worms, and Trojans, there is also a risk of targeted attacks, blockers and ransomware viruses, spammers, and phishing attacks. Therefore, it is required to use a complex antivirus software solution to minimize the threats.
#2 – Content Creation Tools
Content creation without a single content strategy and a pool of dedicated tools makes it difficult to focus your efforts and achieve success. Luckily, there are many content creation tools at your disposal to help you plan, research, and even create your content. You can use the following tools and resources:
- Programs to work with text (Copyscape, MarketMuse, KWFinder, etc.);
- Photo processing software (Adobe Photoshop, Skylum Luminarm, Corel PaintShop Pro, etc.);
- Free image stocks (Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, etc.);
- Video editing tools (Movavi Video Editor, Filmora, Pinnacle Studio, etc. );
- Infographic tools (Visme, Canva, Infogram, etc.);
- Programs for processing audio content (Audacity, ocenaudio, Acoustica Standard Edition, etc.) .
Using the right tools can make content creation much easier and more effective. Of course, you cannot replace a content marketing strategy with any instruments, but using the right tools can help speed up some parts of the process, gain insights, and generate better-performing content.
#3 – Communication Tools
Business efficiency largely depends on the quality and speed of communication both within the team and with customers, suppliers, or partners. And this is where corporate communication tools come in handy. With their help, you can create a chat with colleagues, exchange instant messages, files, documents, align on different business projects, and share important updates with your team.
There are many pros of using corporate messengers:
- Ensure convenient and fast communication – Even at home, employees can quickly share news about the project, ask a question and get an answer, and always be in touch. Besides that, all correspondence is saved automatically, so you can view the information again if you need so;
- Create chats by topic – In order not to write about everything in the world in a single channel, you can create several chats and discuss a specific project in each of them. This can help avoid confusion and information leakage since only relevant people are added to the chat for each project;
- Make video calls – Corporate messengers can be used not only for instant messaging but also for video calls, including group video calls. What is more, there are also screen sharing features, which make conference calls even more comfortable and effective.
#4 – Email Marketing Tools
A crisis and a sudden decrease in user activity are not something that you should worry about if you have free email marketing tools at hand and know how to use them. With the increased competition and the desire to save time and resources on other channels of product promotion, marketers are increasingly turning to email newsletters. With the right email marketing instruments, you can achieve several goals of an advertising campaign in one go:
- Remind about a brand, company, product, or service;
- Personalize mailings;
- Ensure repeat purchases;
- Get feedback from your leads and contacts;
- Communicate with your customers;
- Segment your subscriber base in a CRM system;
- Increase business efficiency and sales.
The use of email marketing tools will not only save time and human resources due to automatization. It can also provide one of the cheapest and most effective solutions to the increased sales and business development.
#5 – File-Sharing Tools
As modern businesses have become more decentralized, it is vital to find the best cloud storage and be able to share files whenever you want. Fortunately, with the number of software platforms available today, working with files is easier than ever before. However, you still need to choose the right tool to make sure you can collaborate effectively without being worried about file loss, hack, or damage.
Use secure file-sharing tools, such as Google Drive, not only to protect sensitive information without compromising productivity but also to achieve the following:
- Give your employees a simple and secure way to share confidential data;
- Ensure productivity with tight integration to email, mobile, office, and enterprise apps;
- Make collaboration more effective with tools like tracking, versioning, and search;
- Keep all stakeholders informed with the highest security;
- Maximize security, compliance, and efficiency in all your board communications;
- Ensure compliance and data quality with total visibility.
#6 – Marketing & SEO Tools
The goal of any business is to increase sales. And this can be done by attracting customers. They can be found using banner ads and messages, newsletters, integrations, etc. But the main method of gaining customers is through search engines. When a user has a desire to buy something, one will most often turn to a search engine with a request, find your company, go to your business website, and buy the product. But if you do not engage in SEO promotion, your site can appear on the tenth page in the search results. And 75% of users do not even open the second page.
A business cannot do without a dedicated marketing and SEO tool. More than 90% of traffic comes from Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. Relying on the remaining traffic and promoting only in other channels is ineffective. In addition, there is a high conversion rate on the first page of search results, and you should definitely use this opportunity to grow and develop your business.
#7 – Team & Project Management Tools
Every manager dreams of smooth and flawless team management and product launch process: from concept development to product release. But this is possible only in theory or in an ideal world. Experience and knowledge may not be enough. Luckily, specialized tools and services come to the rescue. They can facilitate PM tasks, increase the efficiency of processes, and make the team deliver to the max.
Project management is about efficiency and profits. Therefore, you can hardly go far without project management tools. It is important that you use dedicated instruments to manage projects, adequately allocate resources, evaluate tasks, stimulate the team, meet deadlines, and achieve a profit.
#8 – Human Resources Management Tools
Recruitment, motivation management, personnel qualification management, and building a corporate culture system – these are the common processes in any company, regardless of the business scale. If it seems that some process is not a part of your small business, then it means that the system for managing it has not been built yet. And it is a situation that you need to avoid or address immediately.
When a company grows, it is critically important to resolve such gaps; otherwise, personnel management will be chaotic. It is necessary to start using dedicated human resource management tools and specialized platforms, such as Good Hire, so that company development goes smoothly. And the below types of instruments will come in handy:
- HR process tools;
- Skill management tools;
- Recruiting tools;
- Motivation management tools.
All this as a whole creates an excellent complex mechanism of motivation, successful planning, and feedback sharing – all transparent for both employees and entrepreneurs.
What Tools Are the Best for Your Business?
There are no good or bad tools. It all depends on the specs of your business as well as your needs and expectations. It is important to choose an instrument that brings benefits to your business and serves a purpose instead of just paying for a tool that someone has recommended to you.