Advent of ChatGPT
The digital innovations are skyrocketing and humans are always trying to build a software or application which can imitate human behaviour and actions. One step in this direction was to build chatbots or digital assistants like Alexa or Siri. AI chatbots or chatterbots are applications which can imitate human language response, respond in natural language according to intent based on pre-set rules and data. They retrieve and repackage information with speed which humans cannot match.
Today we look more in detail about ChatGPT which is an artificial intelligence Chatbot by OpenAI, how it works, how ChatGPT has changed the world, and how to use ChatGPT.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is developed by OpenAI and released in December 2022 for public use. It is an artificial language processor which has gained enormous popularity in a very short span of time with 100 million active monthly users as on date – the level to reach TikTok took nine months and Instagram did this in two and half years.
ChatGPT, a product of OpenAI, was founded in the year 2015, Elon Musk, Sam Altman, Greg Brockman, Ilya Sutskever and Wojciech Zaremba and artificial intelligence research organization. OpenAI has other programs but ChatGPT was introduced in 2018. It is based on GPT-3, the third model of a natural language processing project. The GPT-3 architecture uses an immense pool of Internet data and sources as its knowledge base for reference. It is a transformer based neural network to provide answers and data in natural human language. It is fine tuned to use several languages, language translation, summarization, text completion, question answering and human action as well.
Features of ChatGPT
- Largest language module with 175 billion parameters
- Pre-trained and has ‘set and forget it’ quality
- Capable of multitasking and has more than one language function and it can simultaneously handle translation, summarization, and responses
- Response in real time , the moment question is asked instant answer gets responded
- It has generative pre-trained transformer which is first version of language processor and generator part of language unique to its kind
Use cases for ChatGPT
- Analysis of text and speed
- Complex issues explanation
- Write essays and stories
- Learn coding
- Code debugging
How does ChatGPT work?
It uses a neural network to produce human-like language for communication. Let’s look at the process end to end.
- Input processing – the human user type command or question in ChatGPT text bar
- Tokenization – the text input is tokenized and program divides it into individual words to do analysis
- Input embedding – the tokenized text is put in the neural network transformer portion
- Encoder-Decoder attention – the transformer encodes the text input and generates a probability distribution of all possible outputs. The distribution generates final outcome
- Text generation and output – ChatGPT generates its outcome response and the human user gets a text response.
How to use ChatGPT?
ChatGPT can be used on personal computers, mobiles using browsers or applications. Let us look at steps to use ChatGPT on a personal computer.
- Open google chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser and open chat.openai.com
- Login with your email id or mobile number and further enter your profile details
Note: if you are using ChatGPT for the first time then you need to register with your email id or mobile number
- Click on ‘New chat’ and put your query or question in text box
- If you are not satisfied by the response then regenerate the answers for best review
!! Quick facts about ChatGPT !!
- OpenAI used twitter to train ChatGPT
- It can be used in conjunction with other AI technologies
- Dall-E product from OpenAI creates art virtually from any natural language description using artificial intelligence and machine learning
- It hit one million users in 5 days. ChatGPT reach 100 million user base within 2 months beating most popular messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Twitter