Before we start the upgrade process, please make sure to take back up of
Its recommended to use console port for this process, However SSH or Telnet to the controller’s management IP address can also be used for the same.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE –
1. Make sure that the TFTP server is reachable from the controller, and that upgrade file resides in the Root directory of the TFTP server. A simple test to validate TFTP server reachability could be using ping utility –
2. Issue the transfer download serverip TFTP_server_IP_address command in order to define the TFTP server IP address as given below –
3. There are 2 options ie FTP or TFTP to download the image to WLC from the server. TFTP will be used here as file transfer mode. Issue the transfer download mode tftp command in order to define the mode of file transfer.
(Controller) >transfer download mode tftp
4. Issue the file type for WLC. For IOS image use code option.
(Controller) >transfer download datatype code
5. Select the IOS image which you want to upload into WLC. Issue the transfer download path command in order to define the path to TFTP directory where WLC OS is located.
I am Rashmi Bhardwaj. I am here to share my knowledge and experience in the field of networking with the goal being - "The more you share, the more you learn."
I am a biotechnologist by qualification and a Network Enthusiast by interest. I developed interest in networking being in the company of a passionate Network Professional, my husband.
I am a strong believer of the fact that "learning is a constant process of discovering yourself."