PROCEDURE TO SET ARP TIMEOUT ON JUNIPER SCREENOS FIREWALL –
- Login to Juniper Firewall via SSH.
- Run the following command – “get config | inc arp”
- If the output generates nothing, then the ARP age is set to 20 minutes (default value). To set this timeout value, use the “set arp age (time in seconds) ” command.
- Save this change by using the save command; else it will be reverted, when the firewall is rebooted.
SOME NOTABLE POINTS ON ARP TIMER –
- The default is 1200 seconds (20 mins)
- The max is 65535 seconds (approximately 18 hours). The strange number results from it being the maximum possible from a 16 bit integer field.
- The minimum is 1 second.
- The value can be modified by using the “set arp age” command
Please follow and like us: